Saturday, December 09, 2006

Blogging

Knowing that my posts to my blog are open for anyone to view and comment on does make a difference depending on my audience and topic.
It does make me more thoughtful on how I write. You want your audience to understand it and get all the main points.
Had this been a more personal blog it would have made a difference. In a personal blog it tends to be more your opinion and some things left out because the people that you know understand what you are writing about, unlike our assignment for the newspapers where you had to keep in mind the audience and topic.
I liked the feedback. It was helpful. It let me see what I may have missed or did not have worded right. It makes you more concious to trying to make sure it's right and lets you know that it is being read.
Electronic media has an immediate feedback process. It's a matter of writing the feedback and hitting send and it's there to view. Traditional is a little lengthy process. You have to write your comments then mail them to writer, which can take up to 3 days depending on your location. If they are going to print your feedback it takes even more time to get it to print.

I've enjoyed this class and the assignments, it was very interesting. I will walk away with more knowledge and paying more attention to what I write on the web knowing that it can be immediately seen and/or commented on. I've also learned there is a big difference in personal blogging and media blogging. I liked that we did our assignments on a blog rather than blackboard. For one blackboard doesn't work right half of the time and second it makes it easier to comment to each other and share ideas and so forth. In some cases forums such as blackboard doesn't suit the purpose such as this class. Thank you Brad!

No comments: